Many of our clients wish to live in subdivisions or neighborhoods with planned activities. And, there are many communities that offer infrastructure (such as a clubhouse, swimming pool, etc.) and activities (such as presentations, pickle ball, hiking). But, there are many opportunities within the counties, beyond the planned community, that serve the growing population aged 50+.
Buncombe County has the following towns and cities where 55+ or active adult communities are found: Asheville, Weaverville, Candler, Enka, Swannanoa, Black Mountain, and Arden.
Following are opportunities throughout Buncombe County. You may want to also consult the other county pages in this website for additional “things to do.”
- OSHER Life Learning Institute (Asheville)
- Blue Ridge Community College Personal Enrichment (Hendersonville & Brevard)
- The Opportunity House (Hendersonville)
Cycling Groups & Locations
- http://www.dupontforest.com/user-policies/mountain-biking/ (Henderson)
- http://www.blueridgebicycleclub.org (Henderson)
- http://tourdapple.com (Henderson)
- http://www.pisgahareasorba.org (WNC)
- U.S. Cellular Center (Asheville)
- Thomas Wolfe Auditorium (Asheville)
- Diana Wortham Theatre (Asheville)
- The Orange Peel (Asheville)
- Brevard Music Center (Brevard)