Many of our clients wish to live in subdivisions or neighborhoods with planned activities. And, there are many communities that offer infrastructure (such as a clubhouse, swimming pool, etc.) and activities (such as presentations, pickle ball, hiking). But, there are many opportunities within the counties, beyond the planned community, that serve the growing population aged 50+.
Haywood County has the following towns and cities where 55+ or active adult communities are found: Waynesville and Lake Junaluska.
Following are opportunities throughout Haywood County. You may want to also consult the other county pages in this website for additional “things to do.”
- OSHER Life Learning Institute (Asheville)
- Creative Arts (Waynesville)
- Lake Junaluska Summer Programs (Lake Junaluska)
- Haywood Arts Regional Theater (Waynesville)
Cycling Groups & Locations
- http://www.waynesvillenc.gov/Data/Sites/1/media/departments-services/parks-recreation/walk-bike-play-back.pdf (Haywood)
- http://www.waynesvillenc.gov/Data/Sites/1/media/departments-services/parks-recreation/walk-bike-play-front.pdf (Haywood)