Western North Carolina Mountain REALTORS
We serve buyers and sellers in five North Carolina counties: Buncombe, Haywood, Henderson, Transylvania, and Madison.
Gibson Realty LLC NC, located in the Asheville, NC area, Gibson Realty LLC NC serves all buyers and sellers. We have, however, considerable experience serving those aged 55+.
Phillip Gibson is certified by the National Association of REALTORS as a Senior Real Estate Specialist. With a master’s degree, Phillip has over 30 years experience as an advocate in public health, land use planning, and real estate related issues. Julia Gibson, has a master’s degree in gerontology and over 30 years experience serving persons aged 55+. For more about Julia and Phillip, click here.
Here are photos of a few of our clients!
What qualities make us different?
- We have the knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with housing issues facing persons 55+.
- We work first and foremost with the best interests of the client in mind.
- We know the housing alternatives for clients 55+, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
- We take a no-pressure approach to the transaction and have a strong service orientation.
- We will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- We understand the emotional demands a sale can make and work to minimize them.
- We tailor the marketing of a home to the needs of our clients.
- We can interact easily with all generations, including those 55+, adult children and caretakers.
- We are knowledgeable about local 55+ housing options and support services for those 55+.
- We have a wide network of other 55+-focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
Phillip did an awesome job of showing us various active adult communities in the greater Asheville area. He went well over and above in the time he spent with us. Phillip knows the Asheville area very well and his high level of customer service made our time spent with him well worthwhile.Steve & Barb Ackerman, 8/10/2017 on 55places.com
Phillip is very knowledgable and reliable. He was very pleasant to work with and patiently showed me around while answering all my questions. He is always available to take my calls or answer my emails in a timely manner.Donna, 7/16/2017 on 55places.com
I find Phillip is well respected, trustworthy, effective, efficient and very knowledgeable with real estate and the areas. He possesses patience, gentleness, kindness and a calm manner. I wish there are more real estate agents/brokers like Phillip. Naturally, I highly recommend him to everyone. Thank you Phillip for being your wonderful self.Ginnie Pham, 6/23/2017 on 55places.com
Phillip is the consummate realtor and area host. He knows the North Carolina Asheville area well and gave us the ultimate guided tour through about 5 communities — all in a Sunday afternoon. He was fully prepared, with detailed descriptions of the areas and the homes we viewed. He followed up with additional recommendations based on our comments. My husband and I highly recommend Phillip; he will find you the perfect home.Karen & David Jarmon, 5/6/2017 on 55places.com
Excellent Realtor. A good listener and dedicated professional...Phillip should be able to help you find just what you're looking for. Am enjoying working with him.Nancy, 11/18/2016 on 55places.com
Phillip has been a joy for us to work with.......though he might not say the same about us as we have likely been the most difficult clients he has ever worked with! Phillip has worked tirelessly to try to find us a home and community that fits our needs. So far he and we have not been successful but we know that, with his continued interest and with our relocating to the Hendersonville area (temporarily in an apartment), he will find us the perfect place. We would most definitely recommend Phillip to anyone looking anywhere in the area for a home.....he will find it for them and will be a pleasure to work with in the process.Cliff & Diana, 9/15/2016 on 55places.com
We Know Asheville and the NC Mountains
Phillip Gibson began his western North Carolina career in Sylva, NC where he was employed by Western North Carolina Tomorrow. WNCT was housed at Western Carolina University located in Cullowhee, NC. During those years Phillip was asked to serve as vice-chair of the Jackson County Planning Board, president of the Tuckaseegee Chapter of Trout Unlimited, the NC Sedimentation Control Commission, the NC Phase II Stormwater Stakeholders Committee, and numerous other volunteer positions. Phillip later moved to Asheville where he was employed as the French Broad Riverkeeper. The Riverkeeper position is a part of an international network of other advocates working to protect water quality and biodiversity. Phillip later went on to work at Warren Wilson College as the Director of Research and Community Outreach for the Environmental Leadership Center. It was in this position that Phillip managed a crew of WWC students who developed a nationally recognized weatherization project called INSULATE! and a weekly radio program called The Swannanoa Journal.
Julia is a native of Asheville, NC. A graduate of Asheville High School, Julia went on to obtain her undergraduate degree in social work from the University of North Carolina Asheville. Later she earned her Master’s degree from the University of North Carolina – Charlotte in social work with an emphasis in working with seniors. Julia has served seniors in many capacities and communities since receiving her degree from UNCA. Along the way Julia obtained her administrators license and serving as an administrator for over a decade. Before leaving this role, Julia was the founding administrator for the NC State Veteran’s retirement community in Black Mountain, NC. Julia made a change in her career in order to serve as an advocate, an ombudsman, for those living in long-term care.
Popular WNC Property Searches
- Alexander Homes for Sale
- Arden Homes for Sale
- Asheville Homes for Sale
- Barnardsville Homes for Sale
- Beaverdam Run Homes for Sale
- Bee Tree Village Homes for Sale
- Biltmore Forest Homes for Sale
- Biltmore Lake Homes for Sale
- Black Mountain Homes for Sale
- Blue Ridge Villas Homes for Sale*
- Brevard Homes for Sale
- Brigadoon Homes for Sale*
- Candler Homes for Sale
- Canton Homes for Sale
- Carriage Park Homes for Sale
- Champion Hills Homes for Sale
- Clyde Homes for Sale
- Connestee Falls Homes for Sale
- Country Meadows Homes for Sale*
- Creekside Homes for Sale*
- Crowfields Condos Homes for Sale*
- Cumberland Village Homes for Sale*
- Cummings Cove Homes for Sale
- Dana Hill Homes for Sale*
- Deer Track Homes for Sale*
- East Flat Rock Homes for Sale
- Enka Homes for Sale
- Etowah Homes for Sale
- Fairview Homes for Sale
- Flat Rock Homes for Sale
- Fletcher Homes for Sale
- French Broad Crossing Homes for Sale
- Hamburg Crossing Homes for Sale
- Hawthorne Homes for Sale
- Hendersonville Homes for Sale
- Hot Springs Homes for Sale
- Kenmure Homes for Sale
- Lake Junaluska Homes for Sale
- Lake Toxaway Homes for Sale
- Laurel Park Homes for Sale
- Leicester Homes for Sale
- Maggie Valley Homes for Sale
- Mars Hill Homes for Sale
- Marshall Homes for Sale
- Mills River Homes for Sale
- Montreat Homes for Sale
- Mountain Home Homes for Sale
- Pinebrook Farms Homes for Sale
- Pisgah Forest Homes for Sale
- Plantation Walk Homes for Sale
- Reems Creek Comm and Golf Club Homes for Sale
- Ridgecrest Homes for Sale
- Riverwind Homes for Sale*
- Rosman Homes for Sale
- Saluda Homes for Sale
- Sapphire Homes for Sale
- Summer Place Homes for Sale*
- Swannanoa Homes for Sale
- The Hills at Averys Creek Homes for Sale*
- The Oaks Homes for Sale
- The Views at Rose Hill Homes for Sale
- Tryon Homes for Sale
- Viewpointe Homes for Sale*
- Waynesville Homes for Sale
- Weaverville Homes for Sale
- White Oak Village Homes for Sale*
- Wolf Laurel Homes for Sale
- Woodfin Homes for Sale